We believe the study of instrumental music is a vital part of our school curriculum and is beneficial for students in many areas of their lives. Learning to play an instrument and being a part of a successful school band fosters discipline, cooperation, self-esteem, creativity, critical thinking, leadership, and personal responsibility. For many students, experience in band leads to a lifetime of participation in music and the arts.
• To teach instrumental music education through performance
• To develop performance skills and techniques
• To provide an ensemble/group experience requiring commitment
• To provide some of the musical needs of the school and community
• To develop life skills through cooperation and reaching goals
It is the mission of the Union County Band Department to make a positive difference in the lives of the band members by providing musical experiences and performances, and to assist them in achieving their potential as they develop confidence, cooperation, leadership, responsibility and high standards of excellence and character, individually and as members of the band program.